How to License Your Dog
To obtain a dog license application, please visit the Town Clerk’s office.
Then remit to the Town Clerk in person, the following:
- The completed application form
- Appropriate fee (fees are listed below)
- Spay/neuter certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian
After the application and appropriate certificates are filed and the license fee has been paid, the license will be valid for one year. Each dog is assigned a permanent official identification number and issued a metal ID tag that is to be attached to the dog’s collar. NO REFUND WILL BE MADE AFTER A LICENSE HAS BEEN VALIDATED.
Town of Waterloo License Fees
- Spayed/neutered – $10.00
- Unspayed/unneutered – $18.00
- Guide, war, hearing, police, or service dogs – No fee
License renewal forms will be mailed directly to the dog owner by the Waterloo Town Clerk.
The owner must provide to the Town clerk in writing any of the following changes to the license record:
- Dog ownership
- Dog owner’s address
- Loss or theft of the dog (and if the dog is found, its return) and
- Death of a dog